Fourteen Lessons From The Fourteen Year Old Me


Before I officially close the 14th chapter of my life in less than two days, I would like to do a simple look back. It was a blessed and at the same time, a year full of new experiences for me. Me being fourteen was a roller coaster ride, to be exact. A lot of things took place, may be happy or sad, but they helped me grow and be the person that I am now. 
I spiced everything up, so here are the fourteen lessons I learned from the fourteen year old me :)

1. Family is always first. Coming from a family-oriented group, this is the most important lesson I have learned. I seldom see my family (including my uncles, aunts, cousins, etc.) complete because we are all busy attending to our priorities. But when wee see each other, the bond never changes.

2. Be optimistic. There is a bright future ahead. *winks*

3. Learn how to keep old friends. We can't avoid making new friends with the different walks of life. But remember who were there with you through the good times and the bad, and who sticks with you through thick and thin. Similar to my case, I have numbered group of friends. How come I can manage it? The answer is simple. Learn how to divide your time. And I'm fortunate enough because I'm blessed with such understanding friends.

4. Solitary time can help. Sometimes, I am afraid to be alone because it feels odd that you don't have someone to talk to (especially with the fact that I am VERY talkative when I am with my friends) but spending time alone is a big help. You will be able to learn the value of being independent and it can also serve as a time to think and reflect.
5. Faith in God includes faith in His timing. There is a reason why you are in that stage in your life right now - and God has a purpose for that. His plans for you will work in a mysterious way and all you need to do is place your trust in Him. Don't forget to thank Him for the wonderful things He has done and given. 

6. You don't need to know the answer all the time. Sometimes we are too busy searching for answers that we tend to forget living the present life. As one song goes, "Some things are better left unsaid." Cheer yourself up and smile!

7. Embrace your individuality. How will you learn to love other people if you can't love yourself first? And loving yourself means accepting your flaws - wholeheartedly and without any hesitation. We are all different but unique in our own special way so embrace your flaws, embrace your individuality!

8. Encircle yourself with the people who brings out the best in you. Wouldn't it be magnificent enough to think that I am blessed by the Omnipotent above with the most amazing people? A family to guide me all throughout, friends to lift me up when things are about to fall down and, blog readers to gradually motivate me in pursuing what I am doing. What else could I ask for? Thank you, G!
9. Be open to new friends. In connection with lesson number 3, this is also one lesson I consider crucial. It has always been mystifying for me to hang out with other people because I have my own group of friends and there I feel genuine comfort, no awkwardness at all. But my perspective changed when I decided to open my mind and have the guts. It's actually stupefying to make new memories with new people. 

10. Change is inevitable. As long as you change for the better, there is nothing wrong with that ;)

11. There's a bigger reason why bad things happen and it's because something bigger is coming. The least expected things will happen to you if you just keep on believing and hey, there's nothing wrong with that. 

12. Never take anyone for granted. You might wake up one day and realize they're gone.
13. If someone comes back to you, hold them close and never let them go - AGAIN. Enough said, no explanation needed :) and lastly,

14. Keep dreaming but always do something to make it real. This is the saying I keep on reminding myself every time I feel unmotivated or when I'm on my PMS. It's always possible to reach what your heart truly desires as long as you work for it. Never give up on your aspirations because as one door opens, another one starts to open for you. 

As I close another chapter in my life in a few days, a lot can alter in a span of 12 months. You are an improved, better and wiser you!

<3, Allaine Madisonne

You May Also Like

0 comments