2016.

From receiving gifts - manito-manita with family, friends, relatives, etc., it's about time we experience transition once again. We now come to the part wherein we build our walls and improve ourselves as we prepare for the change that is about to happen. But before we talk about this change, I'd like to do a little flashback on how this year went for me. A lot can happen in a span of one year, without us knowing. 

For this year's year-ender post, I decided to have it 3-in-1. Originally, I wanted it to be in different posts but I know you would get bored reading it (but hopefully not) and it is also a hassle for my part. So why not have it as one, right?
2016 Highlights

1. Going back to the blogger life is probably the best decision I have done this year. I deleted my first blog (I don't know if how many times I have repeated this already) and it came to a point wherein I don't want to start over again because it requires a lot of time and it's tiring to start from scratch. But on the second thought, I remembered why I started in the first place and it is because of you, my dear blog readers. You have been showing nonstop support by reading my newly-published posts and increasing the views of this blog from time to time. I couldn't be more grateful to have all of you.

2. Join the student publication in the university where I am currently studying. I always wanted to improve my skills in writing and I guess it was the best way to do it. By joining the student publication, a lot of opportunities came my way - I had the chance to the cover events in our school, join the Division Schools Press Conference (which I thought I couldn't do) and write an article about the events that took place. It didn't just give me opportunities, it was also a big help in boosting my confidence, especially in dealing with people not familiar to me.
3. Seeing both of my idols perform live was a life-changing moment. The odds were in my favor four months before my birthmonth when I found out they're going to bring JaDine in Love here in Cebu and the tour is going to happen six days after my birthday. Fortunate enough, I was able to come (with my elementary teachers) and it was an ultimate fangirl experience for me. If you haven't read that post, you can read it here

4. I don't know if you can consider this as a 2016 highlight but going to the fourth leg of Pop District Bazaar and meeting some of my favorite bloggers was a dream to come true since I missed the last three bazaars. Everyone in the venue was super nice and approachable. I met Etienne Chantal and Cha Ocampo in person and that made the experience more unforgettable!

What I'm Thankful For 2016

1. Family. Even if some of us have parted ways, our bond and relationship remains tight and grounded. I am fortunate enough to be blessed with a complete family (and when I say family, it includes my extended family). This year, I learned how to value my family even more because times of trial will reveal that family is always first.
2. Friends. I have people I can call my friends who have been with me through the good times and the bad and I thank them for that. Aside from my old friends, I also gained new ones which I'm sure I'll be making new memories with. You guys know who you are!

3. Everyday blessings. If you just change your perspective sometimes, He never failed to shower us with blessings everyday. Lord, You have been amazing. Thank You!

4. Blog readers. Why would I even forget about you? You have been with me since from the very beginning and you made me pursue what I wanted and what I truly love. I hope you will still be with me until the end (#cheesy). Here's to another year together, okay?

5. Opportunities. I've been blessed with a lot and I can't wait to unfold more on 2017!
3 lessons I learned in 2016.

1. Embrace your individuality. It may sound cliche but once you have accepted your flaws, no one can use them already. In that way, people will accept you even more.

2. Mind over matters of the heart ALL THE TIME. We sometimes allow our feelings to take over us and that should not be. They say you should follow the desires of your heart. But don't forget to bring your mind with you. *winks

3. As one door opens, a lot will follow. As one door starts to open, you might now know a lot will follow so never stop doing what you love and things will come out the way you did not expect it to be. 

As we open another chapter, let us open it with open arms and with a smile on our faces. It's about time we rebuild ourselves again and list down our New Year's resolutions. Enjoy but don't forget to take good care of yourselves. Happy New Year!

<3, Allaine Madisonne

You May Also Like

0 comments